Sunday 24 February 2013

Getting Close Now!!

Well I can't believe that in less than 2 months we will be trekking across the Jordan Desert, oh dear the nerves are setting in now, excitement and fear!!!

We've been doing lots of walking in the Lakes over the last coupe of months, we are getting there on the climbing now, thank god :-) this time last year I don't think I could climb 500 feet without getting puffed, now I know I can do approx 1500 with comfort still a way to go yet though, a lot to do over the next few weeks, my aim is to be able to climb Scalfell Pike which is 3500 feet give or take a foot or 2. We have a weekend away booked for the 22nd March this is when we are going to attempt it, so watch this space!!!!

Scalfell Pike is in the Eskdale Valley, we have been there a few times over the last few months, have to be honest I have fell in love with the place, it is so quiet and peaceful, not a bit like the Southern Lakes at all. You can walk all day and not see another walker, there are that many walks and not so many places to stay round there. Its just an amazing place to visit, and the scenery is so beautiful. We always stay in The Woolpack Inn  a real ale pub with its own little brewery, their Damson cider is not one to miss out on, with a leaf or 2 of fresh mint in, mmmmm just what you need after a long days walking, and the food is amazing too.

We went the Southern Lakes this weekend for a change, only for the day, we went to Coniston, its beautiful yet, but its way too busy we have definitely been spoilt by the Eskdale Valley.

The walking is going great, we can cover 15 miles easy with a bit of a climb, the most we will do in a day in Petra will be 10-12 miles, so with the distance  I know we are okay, its just the climbing, but I think to myself when I feel I am struggling, I think of Claire. If she can go through what she did to try an stay alive, then god this is easy, and that keeps me going, and I put my ipod on, I have a play list called Claireabell, this is all Claire's favourite songs, each and everyone reminds me of her and they too keep me going.









Until next time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? What's your experience? Leave us your thoughts.